Women's History Month Events Scheduled
March is Women’s History Month and several departments at UCF have organized events to commemorate the occasion.
Some of the presentations and speakers are starting this month. Here is the schedule:
- The Great American No Bull Challenge: Feb. 23 at 10 a.m. in the Student Union’s Key West Room 218ABCD
- Barbara Jenkins, Orange County School Superintendent: Feb.24 at 2 p.m. in Student Union Key West 218 AB
- More than a Woman Opening Event: March 1 at noon in Student Union room 316A, hosted by Multicultural Student Center
- Women UKnighted Meet Your Mentor – Networking Event: March 1 at 6 p.m. in FAIRWINDS Alumni Center, hosted by Career Services (must register in advance at link)
- ODI Series – Half the Sky:Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide (Part 1 – March 6 at 1:30 p.m.; Part 2 – March 20 at 1:30 p.m.)
- International Women’s Day Student Panel: March 6 at 12:30 p.m. in Global UCF room 101ABC
- Inaugural WomanFest: March 7 in UCF Library room 223 hosted by Women’s and Gender Studies Program and UCF Library; 10:30-11:45 a.m. AAUW Panel on leadership, noon-1:15 p.m. open mic, 1:30-2:45 p.m. Zine workshop
- Former Miss Israel Titi Aynaw on “Be You” storytelling: March 20 at 2:30 p.m. in UCF Library room 223
- Olympic Gold Medalist & Survivor Kayla Harrison: March 21 at 3 p.m. in Student Union room 316ABCD
- Actress and UN Goodwill Ambassador Mira Sorvino– The Global Fight Against Human Trafficking: March 23 at 3 p.m. in Pegasus Ballroom hosted by Global Perspectives
- The Vagina Monologues hosted by Victim Services: March 25 at 7 p.m. in Pegasus Ballroom
- American journalist and writer Laura Ling share’s her story: March 27 at 10 a.m. in Student Union room 316CD
- Theatre UCF’s Hedda Gabler, March 23-April 2, tickets available at https://theatre.cah.ucf.edu/events.php?id=3443
- 2nd Annual UCF Rosen College Women’s Hospitality Leadership Forum, March 31
- Equal Pay Day, April 4: Student Union Atrium until 4 p.m., when there will be a group photo at the Reflecting Pond. Wear red and bring your friends.
For the full calendar of events and updates, check out diversity.ucf.edu/events/womens-history-month.