UCF Homecoming, a time for members of the UCF community to come together and take pride in their university, concludes this weekend with Spirit Splash, fireworks and the big football game against Temple, where the Homecoming King and Queen will be crowned.
A reminder that UCF will host a Homecoming fireworks display on Memory Mall at 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 14. To accommodate the fireworks, Garage D and a few designated rows of Lot D2 will close at 9 p.m. today, Oct. 13. Vehicles in those areas must be removed by that time, or they will be subject to towing at the owners’ expense.
Additional on-campus parking will be available from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 14, at the softball stadium, with shuttle service provided from there to the Health and Public Affairs shuttle stop in lot C1.
Garage D will remain closed after the fireworks until noon Saturday, Oct. 15, when most campus parking areas will open for game day activities.
Free parking for the fireworks display will be available Friday evening in garages C and H.
Some remaining events for homecoming week are:
- Concert Knight: 7 p.m. Thursday, CFE Arena. Ludacris headlines the show with Ty Dolla $ign in support. One free ticket per student at ticket distribution. Tickets for the general public are $25 and available through Ticketmaster and at the CFE Arena Box Office.
- Spirit Splash: Noon Friday, Reflecting Pond. Fifteen thousand Knights will run into the Reflecting Pond to snag one of Homecoming’s prized rubber ducks. Free admission.
- Fireworks: 9 p.m. Friday, Memory Mall. Quickly becoming one of the week’s most popular traditions, UCFHC welcomes the UCF and Orlando community to campus for a spectacular firework show. Free admission.
- Football Game: 7:30 p.m. kickoff Saturday, Bright House Networks Stadium. The Knights take on the Temple Owls, and Homecoming King and Queen will be announced at halftime. Homecoming Court voting opens at 9 a.m. Monday.
- Kidz Carnival: Rescheduled to 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 16, due to Hurricane Matthew, Lake Claire. Kid-friendly event featuring games and booths from various organizations across campus. Free admission.