Mammogram Bus Coming to Main Campus
When it comes to breast cancer, early detection is everything. To assist UCF employees in getting this life-saving screening, UCF Health has partnered with Women’s Center for Radiology to offer mammogram and ultrasound services right on campus. On March 21, Women’s Center for Radiology will park its mobile unit outside the Rec & Wellness Center to provide fast and convenient mammography services. Many different insurances area accepted and appointments are required.
To schedule an appointment, call 407-841-0822, press option 2.
Before your appointment, complete the necessary forms at: https://www.womenscenterforradiology.com/
Some helpful tips about your mammogram appointment:
- Bring your driver’s license, insurance card and registration forms to your appointment
- Completely fill out the patient registration forms before you arrive
- Wear a two-piece outfit
- 40 years and older – no prescription needed for a screening mammogram
- 39 years old and younger – a prescription is needed for both a screening and a diagnostic mammogram
- Many insurances will pay 100% for a screening mammogram – Call your insurance company for more information
- A prescription is needed for a diagnostic mammogram, and ultrasound procedures (bring it to your appointment)
- Do not wear deodorant, perfume, or lotion in the chest area or under your arms
- Know where your last mammogram was taken; bring the films if you can or fill out the records release form
- Know your doctor’s name
What: Mammogram Mobile Unit from Women’s Center for Radiology
When: Monday, March 21 from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Where: The parking lot in front of the RWC
Who: All women 40 and over, and those under 40 with a doctor’s prescription.
How: Call 407-841-0822 to schedule an appointment