Before the Knights kick off against the South Carolina Gamecocks this weekend, Orlando’s Fox affiliate will broadcast live from UCF to showcase the university’s academics, athletics and important role in the community.
Fox 35’s “Good Day” will broadcast from 7 to 10 a.m. Friday from the Reflecting Pond on the main campus. Fox’s visit is part of a college road trip series that features several universities in Central Florida.
Anchors Amy Kaufeldt and John Brown will be stationed outside Millican Hall just in front of the pond, and meteorologist Jayme King and reporter David Martin will provide live coverage from across campus. The team will speak with students, alumni, faculty, staff and administrators about what makes UCF such a special place to learn, live and work.
Students and other members of the campus community are invited to stop by Millican Hall on Friday and be a part of the broadcast. Show your school spirit by wearing UCF swag and using the hashtag #Fox35UCF on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media outlets.
Scheduled to appear live during the broadcast are UCF President John C. Hitt; the UCF spirit team; women’s soccer coach, Olympic gold medalist and World Cup champion Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak; and Bodhi, UCF’s therapy dog.
Pre-recorded segments include:
- UCF quarterback Blake Bortles
- The College of Medicine’s community clinic for the underprivileged
- City of Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer discussing UCF’s growth
- UCF student and solar-powered DJ, DJ Chill Will
- Alumni entrepreneurs Joey Conicella of the Yum Yum Cupcake Truck and Loren Ferretti of Gameday Bows
- Former UCF star quarterback Daunte Culpepper
- The UCF student news broadcast “Knightly News”
A segment about UCF’s innovative undergraduate photonics and laser program is scheduled to air on Fox 35 at 10 p.m. Friday.
The morning show also will be shown on Fox 35’s live stream website .