Kicking Off March with Safety Week
Safe Knight Week - February 29 to March 3
Safe Knight Week will be held February 29 through March 3. Safe Knight Week brings awareness to safety, health, wellness, mental health, alcohol and other drugs, sexual assault, and creating a welcoming campus. There will also be a Campus Conversation on Identity Theft Recovery and Protection. The event is a part of the UCF CARES initiative and the Student Government Association.
The Safe Knight Week events are as follows:
Monday, February 29
- Bounce Back Carnival @ 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Memory Mall – Join UCF Cares to learn more about the UCF Bounce Back campaign at the Bounce Back Carnival. Come bounce around in Zorb Balls, Bounce Houses and the Power Jump while learning about depression symptoms and how to bounce back. Fun, games and prizes
- Music for Mindfulness @ 11 a.m. | Student Union 223
- Building Resiliency @ 2 p.m. | Libra Community Center
- QPR @ 2 p.m. | AOD Conference Room (CAPS) – Question, Persuade, Refer
- Yoga (bring your mat) @ 8 p.m. | Memory Mall
Tuesday, March 1
- IT’S ON US Walk @ Noon to 1 p.m. | Begins at Ferrell Commons – Take a walk against sexual assault. Healthy refreshments provided.
- Self Defense Class @ 2 p.m. | Lawn by Ferrell Commons, across from Student Health Services – UCF Police Department will teach you how to keep yourself safe.
- MVP @ 3 p.m. | Libra Community Center
Wednesday, March 2
- UCF Cares Day Showcase @ 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Ferrell Commons Courtyard – Join UCF Cares and explore the UCF Campus in search of UCF Cares-related services. Fill your passport to enter the raffle.
- Rapid HIV Testing @ 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. | RWC Suite 111 – Get your results in 15 minutes, confidential and free.
Thursday, March 3
- Campus Conversation on Identity Theft Recovery and Protection @ 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Student Union 316CD – UCF CARES, CFE UCF branch and other experts will present a campus conversation to educate attendees about identity theft recover and protection.
- Mocktails Competition @ 7 p.m. | Neptune Multipurpose Room – Create an alcohol-free drink alternative for a chance to win $50 in gift cards for your team. Up to five students per team. Register at: https://bit.ly/skmocktails.
- SIDNE Interactive Event @ 1-3 p.m. | Memory Mall – Simulated Impaired Driving Experience