Twenty-two UCF students have been named as recipients of the 2018 Order of Pegasus, the university’s most prestigious student award.
The recipients were selected from a pool of 79 nominations. The new class includes seven LEAD Scholars, five President’s Leadership Council members, one Student Government Association leader, 12 from The Burnett Honors College, four Greek members, and four student-athletes.
Undergraduate students are chosen based on their outstanding achievements in the areas of academics, university involvement, leadership and community service. Graduate students are selected based on the same merits as well as publication or research experiences. The average GPA of the 2018 Order of Pegasus class is 3.91, the highest in the Order of Pegasus history. Because of the breadth of accomplishments required for this award, the Order of Pegasus is the highest student award that can be attained at the university.
The winners will be honored at an April 2 ceremony.
The names and a picture of the inductees will be added to the wall showcasing past and current recipients in the Pegasus Lounge on the second floor of the Student Union. Inductees also receive commemorative medals and scholarships from the Student Government Association.
This year’s recipients are:
- Ana Beltran, College of Arts & Humanities, Emerging Media and Digital Media
- Eliana Benevento, Rosen College of Hospitality Management, Event Management
- Erica Castaneda, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
- Anthony Catotti, College of Business Administration and College of Education & Human Performance, Management and Sports and Exercise Management
- Sarah Davenport, College of Sciences, Anthropology
- Jessie Dickens, College of Business Administration, Business Economics
- Paul Gill, College of Sciences, Political Sciences and International Relations
- Heather Holman, College of Medicine and College of Education & Human Performance, Biomedical Sciences and Sports and Exercise Science
- Jeslin Kera, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
- Nicholas Larkins, College of Health & Public Affairs, Health Sciences Pre-Clinical
- Minh-Chau N. Le, College of Engineering and Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Maria Pennella, College of Health & Public Affairs, Health Sciences
- Michelle Prophete, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
- Bailey Ranson, College of Nursing, Nursing
- Lindsey Webb, College of Engineering & Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Matthew Wright, College of Engineering & Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering
- Carissa Baker, College of Arts & Humanities, Texts and Technology
- Porsha Dossie, College of Arts & Humanities, History
- Daniel Franklin, College of Sciences, Physics
- Ahmad Qasem, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
- Elizabeth Wellings, College of Medicine, Medical Doctor
- Taylor Wickey, Rosen College of Hospitality Management, Hospitality and Tourism Management
For more information, visit: https://order.sdes.ucf.edu/.