Faculty Excellence recently inducted 22 new members into the UCF Scroll & Quill Society, recognizing both creative and research achievements from faculty members whose careers span more than 10 years at UCF.
The Scroll and The Quill were separate societies in the 1980s at UCF; the scroll representing research achievement and the quill representing creative achievements such as published books and plays. In 2015, Faculty Excellence revamped the society, honoring legacy members and welcoming new faculty into this prestigious organization.
More than 60 faculty members and guests attended the Oct. 30 reception at the Burnett House.
“This society is a community of scholars who have continued to advance UCF’s transformational impact for at least a decade, inspiring students, fellow faculty and the community,” said Jana Jasinski, vice provost for Faculty Excellence.
The 2018 inductees are:
- Maureen Ambrose, College of Business
- Sarah Barber, College of Sciences
- Jason Ford, College of Sciences
- Andre Gesquiere, College of Sciences, Nanoscience Technology Center
- William Hanney, College of Health Professions and Sciences
- Carlton Keith Harrison, College of Business
- Naim Kapucu, College of Community Innovation and Education
- Waldemar Karwowski, College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Alla Kourova, College of Arts and Humanities
- Gary Leavens, College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Vicki Loerzel, College of Nursing
- Ty Matejowsky, College of Sciences
- Rudy McDaniel, College of Arts and Humanities
- Florin Mihai, College of Arts and Humanities
- Joanna Mishtal, College of Sciences
- Saleh Naser, College of Medicine
- Alice Noblin, College of Community Innovation and Education
- Maria Cristina Santana, College of Arts and Humanities
- Sybil St. Claire, College of Arts and Humanities
- Kimberly Voss, College of Sciences
- John Walker, College of Sciences
- Scott Waring, College of Community Innovation and Education