UCF's 'Golden Homecoming' Starts Saturday
The University of Central Florida’s Homecoming will kick off Saturday, Nov. 2, with a week full of activities celebrating UCF’s 50th anniversary.
Events for “UCF’s Golden Homecoming” will start with a community service carnival to help raise money for charity. “Knightro’s Kidz Carnival” will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Memory Mall, and there will be child-friendly booths, carnival games, prizes and other activities. Admission is free.
The week’s activities will wrap up when the UCF Knights take on the Houston Cougars at 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9, at Bright House Networks Stadium. Tailgating will begin at noon, and this year’s Homecoming king and queen will be crowned during the game’s halftime.
Other activities will include:
Saturday, Nov. 2
- Concert Knight will begin at 7 p.m. at the CFE Arena. Performers will be Benny Benassi and Timeflies. Free tickets for students with a UCF ID are available in the Office of Student Involvement, room 208 of the Student Union. Student ticket distribution will continue while supplies last. Non-UCF students can purchase tickets at the CFE Arena or through Ticketmaster.com.
Sunday, Nov. 3
- Skit Knight will begin at 8 p.m. in the CFE Arena. Student organizations will show their school spirit and compete to be the best at singing, dancing and acting. Change donations will be accepted by Knight-Thon, the student philanthropy dance marathon that benefits the Children’s Miracle Network.
Monday, Nov. 4
- “Monsters University” will be featured for Movie Knight along with free handouts and popcorn. Trivia will begin at 8 p.m., and the movie will start at 9 p.m. at the CFE Arena. Student-made commercials also will be shown, and the event is free for students and the public. Kids are welcome.
Wednesday, Nov. 6
- Comedians Craig Robinson and Mark Normand will perform at Comedy Knight, which will start at 8 p.m. at the CFE Arena. Free tickets for students will be available at the Office of Student Involvement until supplies last. A valid student ID must be shown at the door with each student ticket. Non-students can purchase tickets through Ticketmaster.com.
Thursday, Nov. 7
- Penny Wars will start at 11 a.m. at the Student Union patio. Students will compete to collect the most money for Knight-Thon.
- The achievements of UCF alumni will be celebrated at the Black & Gold Gala at 6 p.m. at the CFE Arena. The evening will include an awards presentation, dinner, reception and silent auction to benefit the UCF Alumni Trust Scholarship Fund. The cost is $70, and corporate tables are available for $800. Reservations are required and can be made at https://www.ucfknightsnetwork.com/homecoming2013.
Friday, Nov. 8
- The Homecoming golf tournament will be held at Disney World Resort Golf Courses. Registration will start at 7:30 a.m. The cost is $125 and includes greens fees, range balls, cart, continental breakfast and awards luncheon. Reservations can be made at https://www.ucfknightsnetwork.com/homecoming2013.
- Spirit Splash, UCF’s annual Homecoming pep rally, will begin at 1 p.m. at the Reflecting Pond. The event was awarded Best Campus Tradition by the National Association for Campus Activities in 2011.
- Black & Gold Takeover will start at 9 p.m. in downtown Orlando. Wear school colors to celebrate the night before the Homecoming football game. The event is hosted by the Young Alumni Chapter, and all alumni are welcome. For more information, visit https://www.ucfknightsnetwork.com/takeover2013.
Saturday, Nov. 9
- The UCF Alumni Association will host an indoor tailgate party at the FAIRWINDS Alumni Center. Admission is free for UCF alumni and their guests who show alumni key cards at the door.
Students who may need special accommodations for any of the events can contact email@example.com or 407-823-6471.