UCFPD Recognizes Outstanding Officers, Community Partners
The UCF Police Department on Monday celebrated officers and community partners who went above and beyond the call of duty.
At a semi-annual awards ceremony, Chief Richard Beary and Deputy Chiefs Carl Metzer and Brett Meade presented awards to honorees who contributed to making UCF a safer place.
Officer First Class Frank Imparato was awarded the Lifesaving Award for his quick actions in helping an unresponsive motorcyclist. Ofc. Imparato performed life-saving actions until paramedics arrived. The members of Delta Squad received a Unit Citation for their efforts to save and support a suicidal student.
Other officers who received commendations included:
- Scott Freeman
- Erik Lashinsky
- Pablo Vargas
- Melissa Guadagnino
- Jeffrey Panter
- Matthew Scott
- Christopher Holt
- Danielle Hughes
- Julie Wilk
- Community Service Officer Daniel Hooker
In addition, several community members were also recognized for the support of the UCF Police Department and its efforts to protect the campus. Awardees included:
- Rich Steiner for his assistance with police radios during UCF game days
- Veronica and Tony Figueroa for sponsoring our new soft interview room
- Maribel Lopez for designing our new soft interview room
- Jayling Liriano for assisting a suicidal student
- Glenda Brown for assisting a suicidal student
- Liz Stevenson for assisting a suicidal student
- Rita-Mary Demerjian for assisting a suicidal student
The following officers were recognized for receiving a promotion to the rank of Officer First Class: Ofc. Chase Crane; Ofc. Melissa Guadagnino; Ofc. Christopher Holt; Ofc. Danielle Hughes; Ofc. Frank Imparato; Ofc. Gregory Larkin; Ofc. Ben Lewis; Ofc. Jeffrey Panter; Ofc. Rhett Proctor; Ofc. Jean Quiles; Ofc. Luis Rivera; Ofc. Matthew Scott; Ofc. Ryan Stoner; Ofc. James Strawn; Ofc. Maurice Thompson; Ofc. Eric Walton; Ofc. Mica-Marya Wenner; and Ofc. Joel Witherspoon.