Take Your Leadership Skills to the Next Level
2015 Leadership Week: February 23-27
Leadership Week 2015: Step Up Revolution, coordinated by the LEAD Scholars Academy within Student Development and Enrollment Services, will take place from February 23-27 in the Student Union and various campus venues.
This is a week full of exciting leadership workshops, guest speakers and opportunities to become a leader at the UCF. Students, faculty and staff are invited to attend all events.
There are over 77 workshops that will be offered during the week at various times including five leadership certification tracks: Student Enhancement Training (S.E.T.), Diversity Training, Mentors in Violence Prevention (MVP), QPR, and UCF Care Advocate Certification. For full schedule of events, visit: http://sld.sdes.ucf.edu/leadershipweek/. The following events are some of the opportunities available during Leadership Week:
Monday, February 23, 2015
- MSC Sponsored Speaker: Stephen A. Smith, Commentator on ESPN First Take – Time: 7:00 p.m. Location: Student Union, Pegasus Ballroom
- Yoga After Dark – Time: 8:00 p.m. Location: Mind and Body Studio at the RWC at Knight’s Plaza
Tuesday February 24, 2015
- Keynote Speaker: Demetrius Frazier, UCF Alumni, Golf Channel – Time: 11:00 a.m. Location: Student Union, Key West ballroom 218
- Open Knight Climb presented by the RWC: Open to the first 120 participants Website: http://rwc.sdes.ucf.edu/programs/outdoor-adventure/challenge-course – Time: 7:00 p.m. Location: Challenge Course
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
- Keynote Speaker: Kyle Bryant, Founder of Ride Ataxia Website: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdQnKIoyJkc&feature=youtu.be – Time: 1:00 p.m. Location: Student Union, Key West ballroom 218
- An Evening with Drew Dudley, sponsored by RHA Website: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuB9S6fzMig – Time: 8:00 p.m. Location: Neptune Multi-Purpose room
Thursday February, 26, 2015
- Keynote Speaker: Drew Dudley famously known for his TEDx talk “Everyday Leadership (Lollipop Moment) speech – Time: 1:00 p.m. Location: Student Union, Key West ballroom 218
Friday Feb. 27, 2015
- Elect-Her Keynote Speaker: Tiffany Moore Russell, Orange County Clerk of Courts – Time: 11:30 a.m. Location: Student Union, Garden Key 221A
Two sessions require pre-registration: –S.E.T certification http://set.sdes.ucf.edu/ –Emerging Leaders Course https://events.ucf.edu/event/84747/emerging-leaders-ucf-faculty-staff-only-els000/ sponsored by OD &Training.
Leadership Week was created to identify, recognize, and develop leadership among students, faculty, and staff. Leadership Week is supported by Student Government Association, LEAD Students Association and numerous offices and departments throughout UCF. For more information about Leadership Week, contact the Student Director Kyle Jaimes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIKE: UCF Leadership Week on Facebook #StepUpUCF or FOLLOW: @LeadweekUCF (UCF Leadership Week) on Twitter