Spring Football Game to Feature Tailgating, Motocross and Music
Saturday, April 16, will be a day and Knight UCF fans will not want to miss.
The #UCFastival presented by CFE Federal Credit Union will feature the Knights’ annual Spring Football Game at 7 p.m. The Spring Game (free with online ticket registration) will be just one of several free events to enjoy. Festivities will include a pregame party with a concert series headlined by Vertical Horizon, Monster Energy Freestyle MX Show demonstrations, food trucks and inflatables for kids.
An exclusive Athletic Director’s VIP Tailgate also will be available for just $55 per person and will include an exclusive acoustic set from Vertical Horizon lead singer Matt Scannell, complimentary food and beverages, reserved parking and access to premium seating for the Spring Game.
2016 #UCFastival Timeline
9 a.m. – Parking Lots E3, E6, Softball and Baseball open for general public; E1, E2 and E8 parking lots open for permit parking only
12 p.m. – Garage C, Lot C2, Garage D, Lot D2 and Garage H open for general public
12 p.m. – Memory Mall opens/Tailgating begins
12 p.m. – UCF Baseball vs. USF (ticket required)
IOA Plaza Concert Series
- Located directly west of Bright House Networks Stadium
- Features food trucks, inflatables and more
- Make sure to stop by the Coca-Cola footprint to refresh and engage with the Coca-Cola summer activation team
- Also meet and have your photo taken with the World of Coca-Cola Polar Bear
2:30 p.m. – VIP Tent opens
3-3:30 p.m. – Monster Energy Freestyle MX Show
3:30-4 p.m. – Country/Rock Cover Band*
4-4:30 p.m. – Monster Energy Freestyle MX Show
4:30-5 p.m. – Jimmy Buffett Cover Band*
5-5:30 p.m. – Monster Energy Freestyle MX Show
5:30-6:15 p.m. – Vertical Horizon
*Bands and Schedule for these timeslots subject to change. More information will be announced when it is finalized.
UCF Football Spring Game
6 p.m. – Gates open
7 p.m. – Spring Game kickoff
Postgame – Fan field access
How to Get Free Tickets to the Spring Game
Before Kickoff on April 16
- Click on http://UCFastival.com
- Register online
- Free tickets will be delivered to your mobile device or tickets may be printed at home
On Gameday April 16
- Visit one of the marketing kiosks around Bright House Networks Stadium (Lot E6, at the UCF baseball game, IOA Plaza, CFE Arena Plaza)
- Register in person and receive free tickets to the game
- Bring a valid student ID and enter through any gate
- Knightmare Rewards check-in will be under the student section on the concourse
- Enter through gate 16 at the south side of the stadium
Athletic Director’s VIP Tailgate/Premium Seating
VIP Tent in IOA Plaza
- Cost: $55
- Call 407-UCF-1000 or visit http://UCFastival.com to purchase tickets
- Runs from 2:30-6:30 p.m.
- Special acoustic set by Vertical Horizon lead singer Matt Scannell
- Access to complimentary food and beverages in VIP tent located in IOA Plaza
- Reserved parking in Lot E8
- Up-front VIP seating/viewing for concerts
- Club level access in Roth Tower during the Spring Game (Club will have snacks and beverages available for purchase)
- Carl Black & Gold Cabana access during the Spring Game (Cabana will have snacks and beverages available for purchase)
Carl Black & Gold Cabana Members
In order to have access to the Carl Black & Gold Cabana, Cabana members must purchase Athletic Director’s VIP Tailgate/Premium Seating tickets at $55 to have access to the Cabana during the Spring Game.
In order to open your suite for the Spring Game, suite holders must purchase a minimum of 8 Athletic Director’s VIP Tailgate/Premium Seating tickets.
Club Members (Roth Tower)
In order to have access to the Club Level in Roth Tower, club members must purchase Athletic Director’s VIP Tailgate/Premium Seating tickets at $55 to have access to the club during the game.
Friday, April 15
- By permit only, E8 will open for pre-registered RV parking at 9 a.m.
- To purchase an E8 RV pass for $55, please call 407-UCF-2086 (space is limited)
Saturday, April 16
- Parking Lots E3, E6, Softball and Baseball open for general public; E1, E2 and E8 parking lots open for permit parking only
- All non-permitted parking lots will be first-come, first-serve
- ADA parking with a valid permit: Lot E6 and Garage D (with shuttle service to/from Gate 13)
- At 12 p.m., Garage C, Lot C2, Garage D, Lot D2 and Garage H open for general public
Memory Mall Information
More information about Memory Mall, including details about reserving tailgating spaces there, will be announced at a later date.
2016 UCF Football Season Tickets
- The ticket office on the west side of the stadium will be open on gameday for fans looking to purchase or renew season tickets for the 2016 campaign.
- Select a Seat will be available as well during the evening as UCF representatives will be able to assist fans in getting a first-hand look at their seats in the stadium during the purchase process.
- To contact the UCF Sales and Service team, call 407-UCF-1000 or visit UCFKnights.com.
About Vertical Horizon
Vertical Horizon was founded in the early 1990s, but it was seven years before lead singer Matt Scannell’s songs became the radio hits that brought the popular grass roots band to national attention. They released three albums independently and toured extensively before signing with RCA Records in 1998. In 1999, they released their breakout album “Everything You Want” which went on to sell more than 2 million copies. The second single off the album, the title track “Everything You Want,” captured the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s Hot 100 and Adult Top 40 charts, and became Billboard’s Most Played Single of 2000. Having carved out a page in the annals of music history, the band garnered further radio attention with “You’re a God” and “Best I Ever Had.”
In the fall of 2013, Vertical Horizon released their latest album, “Echoes From The Underground,” while Scannell has spent time writing songs with and for other artists. In 2010, he wrote “Wish You Were Here” for the band Hey Monday featuring lead singer Cassadee Pope, who went on to win season three of NBC’s hit show “The Voice.”
About Monster Energy Freestyle MX Show
An eye-popping show is coming to UCF and will feature some of the most talented Motocross riders in the world. More than 2 million people witness FMX shows through a year. The first FMX contest was held in 1997, and they have since fostered the careers of many of the top pros today.