Safety Fair, Programs to Help Provide Advice
UCF’s annual campus Safety Fair to educate about improving personal safety will be hosted Wednesday, Sept. 4, in the Student Union.
UCF Victim Services will sponsor the fourth annual event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Pegasus Ballroom in recognition of National Campus Safety Awareness Month.
Campus and community partners will provide resources and information on violence and crime prevention, fire safety, health and wellness, and community awareness. There also will be free food, prizes and music.
The Safety Fair is part of a month-long series of safety programs coordinated by Victim Services:
- Tuesday, Sept. 3, 11 a.m. – Bystander Intervention, presented by UCF Victim Services, Garden Key Room 221 in the Student Union. Have you ever seen something wrong but didn’t know what to do? Learn safe ways to intervene in potentially unsafe situations.
- Sept. 5, 11 a.m. – Fire Safety, presented by UCF Environmental Health & Safety, Garden Key Room 221 in the Student Union. What would you do in case of a fire? Learn how to make a plan for personal fire safety and protection.
- Sept. 12, 11 a.m. – Shots Fired, presented by UCF Office of Emergency Management, Garden Key Room 221 in the Student Union. Learn to prepare yourself if this type of crisis were to occur.
- Sept. 17, 11 a.m. – Expect Respect, presented by SafeHouse of Seminole, Garden Key Room 221 in the Student Union. Join an interactive discussion on how to respect yourself and others, and how to expect respect in relationships.
- Sept. 19, 11 a.m. – QPR: Question, Persuade, Refer, presented by UCF Counseling and Psychological Services, Garden Key Room 221 in the Student Union. Learn to recognize the warning signs of suicide and three basic principles that could help save a life.
- Sept. 25, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. – National Day of Action, hosted by UCF Victim Services, in front of the Student Union. Take a stand against sexual assault and rape on college campuses.
- Sept. 26, 11 a.m. – Anti-Hazing Forum, hosted by UCF Victim Services, Garden Key Room 221 in the Student Union. Join student leaders, staff, and the State Attorney’s Office of the Ninth Judicial Circuit for an in-depth discussion on hazing.