As players and coaches prepare for week four in the National Football League , 12 former Knights hold spots on NFL rosters, including Brandon Marshall, who shined in this past weekend’s Sunday Night Football spotlight.
Marshall can take part in some good-natured trash talk this week with his Bears starting wide receiver counterpart, Alshon Jeffery. On Saturday, Marshall’s Knights are set to host Jeffery’s Gamecocks in a nationally-televised contest on ABC at noon.
Jah Reid (Baltimore) saw his first action of the season for the defending Super Bowl champion Ravens. Baltimore earned a 30-9 victory over Houston to move into a tie for first place in the AFC North.
Matt Prater (Denver) Prater went 3-for-3 on field goal attempts and 4-for-4 on extra points during Monday’s 37-21 win over the Raiders. Prater leads the NFL with 31 points scored.
Josh Robinson (Minnesota) got his third-consecutive start at cornerback and was part of a Vikings pass defense that intercepted three passes in a loss to Cleveland.
North of the border, a trio of UCF players are continuing their CFL careers as Joe Burnett is suiting up with Edmonton, Mike Sims-Walker joined Winnipeg and Keith Shologan is with Saskatchewan. Burnett and Shologan have each seen action in 10 contests, while Sims-Walker has yet to debut after signing his contract on Aug. 27.
For a complete listing of UCF alums in the NFL this weekend and how to watch the Knights in action, check out the information below.
UCF Knights in the NFL – This week
- WR Brandon Marshall – Chicago Bears
- Season: 3 GP, 3 GS, 20 REC, 269 YDS, 13.5 YPC, 2 TD; This week: Sept. 29, 1 p.m. at Detroit, Fox
- FB Bruce Miller – San Francisco 49ers
- Season: 3 GP, 3 GS, 5 REC, 56 YDS, 11.2 YPC; This week: Sept. 26, 8:25 p.m. at St. Louis, NFL Network
- RB Latavius Murray – Oakland Raiders – Injured Reserve
- OT Jah Reid – Baltimore Ravens
- Week Three: Saw first action of the season; This week: Sept. 29, 1 p.m. at Buffalo, CBS
- OG Josh Sitton – Green Bay Packers
- Season: 3 GP, 3 GS; This week: Bye
- CB A.J. Bouye – Houston Texans
- Season: 3 GP, No stats recorded; This week: Sept. 29, 1 p.m. vs. Seattle, CBS
- LB Troy Davis – New York Jets – Practice Squad
- DE Leger Douzable – New York Jets
- Season: 3 GP, 1 tackle; This week: Sept. 29, 4:05 p.m. at Tennessee, CBS
- S Kemal Ishmael – Atlanta Falcons
- Season: Has not seen action; This week: Sept. 29, 8:30 p.m. vs. New England, NBC
- CB Josh Robinson – Minnesota Vikings
- Season: 3 GP, 3 GS, 17 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 PD, 1 FF; This week: Sept. 29, 1 p.m. vs. Pittsburgh (in London, England), CBS
- CB Asante Samuel – Atlanta Falcons
- Season: 2 GP, 2 GS, 2 tackles, 1 PD;This week: Sept. 22, 4:05 p.m. at Miami, Fox
- PK Matt Prater – Denver Broncos
- Season totals: 3 GP, 5-5 FG, Long 53, 16-16 XP, 23 kickoffs, 16 touchbacks; This week: Sept. 22, 8:40 p.m. vs. Oakland, ESPN
UCF Knights in the CFL – Regular Season
- CB/KR Joe Burnett – Edmonton Eskimos – 10 GP, 31 tackles, 1 fumble recovery, 10 kick returns for 199 yards (19.9 avg.), 29 punt returns for 277 yards (9.6 avg.)
- DT Keith Shologan – Saskatchewan Roughriders – 10 GP, 21 tackles 4 sacks
- WR Mike Sims-Walker – Winnipeg Blue Bombers – No games played