Roster Check: NFL Knights After Three Games
12 former players on NFL teams.
As players and coaches prepare for week four in the National Football League, 12 former Knights hold spots on NFL rosters, including Brandon Marshall, who shined in this past weekend’s Sunday Night Football spotlight.
Marshall can take part in some good-natured trash talk this week with his Bears starting wide receiver counterpart, Alshon Jeffery. On Saturday, Marshall’s Knights are set to host Jeffery’s Gamecocks in a nationally-televised contest on ABC at noon.
Jah Reid (Baltimore) saw his first action of the season for the defending Super Bowl champion Ravens. Baltimore earned a 30-9 victory over Houston to move into a tie for first place in the AFC North.
Matt Prater (Denver) Prater went 3-for-3 on field goal attempts and 4-for-4 on extra points during Monday’s 37-21 win over the Raiders. Prater leads the NFL with 31 points scored.
Josh Robinson (Minnesota) got his third-consecutive start at cornerback and was part of a Vikings pass defense that intercepted three passes in a loss to Cleveland.
North of the border, a trio of UCF players are continuing their CFL careers as Joe Burnett is suiting up with Edmonton, Mike Sims-Walker joined Winnipeg and Keith Shologan is with Saskatchewan. Burnett and Shologan have each seen action in 10 contests, while Sims-Walker has yet to debut after signing his contract on Aug. 27.
For a complete listing of UCF alums in the NFL this weekend and how to watch the Knights in action, check out the information below.
UCF Knights in the NFL – This week
- WR Brandon Marshall – Chicago Bears
- Season: 3 GP, 3 GS, 20 REC, 269 YDS, 13.5 YPC, 2 TD; This week: Sept. 29, 1 p.m. at Detroit, Fox
- FB Bruce Miller – San Francisco 49ers
- Season: 3 GP, 3 GS, 5 REC, 56 YDS, 11.2 YPC; This week: Sept. 26, 8:25 p.m. at St. Louis, NFL Network
- RB Latavius Murray – Oakland Raiders – Injured Reserve
- OT Jah Reid – Baltimore Ravens
- Week Three: Saw first action of the season; This week: Sept. 29, 1 p.m. at Buffalo, CBS
- OG Josh Sitton – Green Bay Packers
- Season: 3 GP, 3 GS; This week: Bye
- CB A.J. Bouye – Houston Texans
- Season: 3 GP, No stats recorded; This week: Sept. 29, 1 p.m. vs. Seattle, CBS
- LB Troy Davis – New York Jets – Practice Squad
- DE Leger Douzable – New York Jets
- Season: 3 GP, 1 tackle; This week: Sept. 29, 4:05 p.m. at Tennessee, CBS
- S Kemal Ishmael – Atlanta Falcons
- Season: Has not seen action; This week: Sept. 29, 8:30 p.m. vs. New England, NBC
- CB Josh Robinson – Minnesota Vikings
- Season: 3 GP, 3 GS, 17 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 PD, 1 FF; This week: Sept. 29, 1 p.m. vs. Pittsburgh (in London, England), CBS
- CB Asante Samuel – Atlanta Falcons
- Season: 2 GP, 2 GS, 2 tackles, 1 PD;This week: Sept. 22, 4:05 p.m. at Miami, Fox
- PK Matt Prater – Denver Broncos
- Season totals: 3 GP, 5-5 FG, Long 53, 16-16 XP, 23 kickoffs, 16 touchbacks; This week: Sept. 22, 8:40 p.m. vs. Oakland, ESPN
UCF Knights in the CFL – Regular Season
- CB/KR Joe Burnett – Edmonton Eskimos – 10 GP, 31 tackles, 1 fumble recovery, 10 kick returns for 199 yards (19.9 avg.), 29 punt returns for 277 yards (9.6 avg.)
- DT Keith Shologan – Saskatchewan Roughriders – 10 GP, 21 tackles 4 sacks
- WR Mike Sims-Walker – Winnipeg Blue Bombers – No games played