Research Summit to Focus on USA-China Tourism and Business Opportunities
Experts and government officials will join business leaders on Dec. 19 to discuss exciting international opportunities in the hospitality and tourism industry at the first USA-China Tourism Research Summit in Orlando. Elsevier, a world-leading publisher of scientific journals, and the University of Central Florida’s Rosen College of Hospitality Management, the largest hospitality college in the United States, will jointly host the summit at the college’s 159,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art campus.
“Due to the fast-paced growth of the Chinese tourism market and its undeniable impact on the hospitality and tourism industry here in Central Florida, it’s critical for stakeholders to learn as much as possible about China and how to succeed in attracting businesses from China,” said Dr. Youcheng Wang, associate dean for academic affairs and research at Rosen College.
The summit will address the following topics:
- Developing trends in the Chinese hospitality and tourism industry
- Understanding the needs and behaviors of Chinese travelers
- Strategies and techniques for attracting and serving Chinese visitors
- Strategies and techniques for identifying and promoting business and investment opportunities between the USA and China
- Strategies and techniques for identifying and overcoming challenges facing the hospitality and tourism industry between the USA and China
Confirmed speakers include:
- Bao Jigang, Professor and Dean, School of Tourism Management, Sun Yat-sen University, China
- Wu Bihu, Professor and Director, Center for Tourism Research, Peking University, China
- Steve Hood, Senior Vice President of Research, Smith Travel Research, USA
- Liu Feng, Founder and Chief Advisor, Davost Intelligence Group, China
- Ron Erdmann, Deputy Director for Research, U.S. Department of Commerce, National Travel & Tourism Office, USA
Space is limited. Visit hospitality.ucf.edu/usa-china-summit to register for this one-day event. For questions about the USA-China Tourism Research Summit, please contact Dr. Youcheng Wang at 407.903.8039 or Youcheng.Wang@ucf.edu.