Presidential Search Committee Named
UCF is a diverse institution that impacts the lives of many people. It’s essential the search committee that will identify the finalists for our next president include representatives from many groups.
I’m pleased by the number of you who expressed interest in serving on the search committee. I also wish to thank those who called or wrote to recommend others. UCF’s future is bright and all of you will participate in it.
University and state policies require the search committee to include three members from the UCF Board of Trustees and a member from the Florida Board of Governors. The membership should also include representatives from the faculty, staff, student body, alumni and Central Florida community.
The presidential search committee members are:
- Trustee David Walsh, Chairman
- Trustee Beverly Seay, Vice Chair
- Trustee William Yeargin
- Sydney Kitson, Member, Florida Board of Governors
- Dr. Manoj Chopra, Faculty
- Dr. Linda Walters, Faculty
- Dr. Gordon Chavis, University Staff
- Cristina Barreto, Student Government Association
- Rick Walsh, Board of Trustees Chair Emeritus and Alumnus
- Conrad Santiago, Former UCF Trustee
- Michael Manglardi, UCF Foundation and Alumnus
- Sara Bernard, Chair, UCF Alumni Board and Alumna
- Dr. Falecia Williams, Valencia College and Alumna
- Mayor Buddy Dyer, City of Orlando
- Ken Robinson, President, Dr. Phillips Inc. and The Dr. P. Phillips Foundation
The UCF Board of Trustees will meet via conference call on Nov. 3 to confirm these appointments.
We will share information about the search committee’s initial meeting once it is scheduled. Meetings will be open to the public.
Please visit www.ucf.edu/president-search for updates and more information about the process.
Chairman, UCF Board of Trustees