As players and coaches get ready for week 10 in the National Football League, six former Knights continue to be key contributors in the second half of the season.
Fullback Bruce Miller (San Francisco) enjoyed his bye week at UCF on Saturday for the Homecoming game against SMU. He will be back in action on Sunday at 4:25 p.m. against the Rams.
Cornerback Asante Samuel (Atlanta) helped lead the Falcons to a close 19-13 win over the Cowboys on Sunday night with three tackles and one pass defended. He also had a crucial 79-yard interception for a touchdown in Atlanta’s tight win over Oakland in Week 6. He is currently fourth in interceptions by active players with 46 for his career.
Wide receiver Brandon Marshall (Chicago) had nine receptions for 122 yards and three touchdowns, including this 39-yard beauty in the Bears’ 51-20 romp over the Titans on Sunday. He continues to rank in the top five in the league in most receiving categories, including fourth in receptions (59), third in receiving touchdowns (7) and second in receiving yards (797) and yards per game (99.6).
Strong safety Atari Bigby (San Diego) continues to make big plays on the field in his starting role with the Chargers. Last week, he had eight tackles vs. the Chiefs and in Week 8, he had 10 stops and one pass defended in the tight game against the Browns.
Cornerback Josh Robinson’s (Minnesota) playing time continues to increase with the Vikings. In the past four weeks, he has averaged three tackles per game against Washington (10/14), Arizona (10/21), Tampa Bay (10/25) and Seattle (11/4)
Kicker Matt Prater (Denver) was 1-for-1 on field goals and 4-for-4 on extra points in the Broncos’ 31-23 win over the Bengals on Sunday.
For the complete update on former Knights in the NFL and CFL, check out the below list.
UCF Knights in the NFL – Regular Season/Most Recent Game
- WR Kamar Aiken – Chicago Bears – Practice Squad
- WR Brandon Marshall – Chicago Bears – 8GP, 8 GS, 59 REC, 797 YDS, 7 TD/ 9 REC, 122 YDS, 3 TDS (vs. TITANS)
- FB Bruce Miller – San Francisco 49ers – 8 GP, 5 GS, 3 ATT, 15 YDS, 2 REC, 24 YDS / BYE WEEK
- WR Jamar Newsome – Kansas City Chiefs – Practice Squad
- OG Nick Pieschel – Chicago Bears – Injured Reserve
- OT Jah Reid – Baltimore Ravens – 1 GP
- OG Josh Sitton – Green Bay Packers – 9 GP, 9 GS
- RB Kevin Smith – Detroit Lions – 5 GP, 2 GS, 33 ATT, 124 YDS, 1 TD, 8 REC, 62 YDS, 1 TD/ 3 ATT, 8 YD, 1 REC, 9 YDS (vs. JAGUARS)
- *TE Adam Nissley – Atlanta Falcons – Injured Reserve
- SS Atari Bigby – San Diego Chargers – 8 GP, 8 GS, 59 Tackles, 2 Pass Defended, 1 FR / 4 Tackles (vs. CHIEFS)
- DE Leger Douzable – Tennessee Titans – Injured Reserve
- CB Josh Robinson – Minnesota Vikings – 9 GP, 3 GS, 33 Tackles, 2 Passes Defended, 1st career Interception vs. San Francisco 49ers Week 3 for 24 YDS / 2 Tackles (vs. SEAHAWKS)
- CB Asante Samuel – Atlanta Falcons – 8 GP, 8 GS, 25 Tackles, 5 Pass Defense, 1 interception Week 6 for 79 YDS vs. Oakland Raiders / 3 Tackles,1 Passes Defended (vs. COWBOYS)
- DT Torell Troup – Buffalo Bills – Injured Reserve
- PK Matt Prater – Denver Broncos – 10-for-10 FG, 53 LG, 27- for-27 XP/ 1-for-1 FG, 4-for-4 XP (vs. BENGALS)
UCF Knights in the CFL – Regular Season
- OG Cedric Gagne-Marcoux – Toronto Argonauts
- CB/KR Joe Burnett – Edmonton Eskimos – 18 GP, 18 GS, 47 Tackles, 1 TFL, 3 Special Team Tackles, Team-leading 5 Passes Defended, Team-Leading 6 INT-108 YDS-2 TD, 1 FR-44 YDS-1 TD, 28 KR-573 YDS, 52 PR-440 YDS, 3 Missed FG returns for 74 YDS, Defensive Player of the Week honors in Week 4/ 2 tackles, 4 PR-21 YDS
- DT Keith Shologan – Saskatchewan Roughriders – 15 GP, 22 Tackles, 3 Sacks/ 3 tackles