Football: LB Plummer Named to Walter Camp Award Watch List
The 15th and final National College Football Awards Association watch list was released Friday, with the Walter Camp Football Foundation announcing UCF linebacker Terrance Plummer was on its watch list for the 2014 Player of the Year.
There were 50 players selected to this year’s list including five linebackers. The Walter Camp Award is the nation’s fourth-oldest individual college football accolade, and is named after “The Father of American football” who first selected an All-America team in 1889 and was a former Yale University athlete and football coach. The watch list will be narrowed to 10 semifinalists in mid-November, and the recipient will be announced on Dec. 11.
Overall for UCF, the Knights had 12 selections to 10 of the 15 NCFAA watch lists. Four of those went to Plummer.
The 12 honors were the most among teams in the American Athletic Conference, and the 23rd most among all FBS programs.
Top 25 Schools with Most NCFAA Watch List Selections
- 1) Alabama 26
- 2) Stanford 25
- 3) Florida State 24
- T4) Oregon 23
- T4) USC 23
- T6) Georgia 20
- T6) Michigan State 20
- T6) Texas 20
- T9) Baylor 18
- T9) Oklahoma 18
- 11) Duke 17
- T12) Notre Dame 15
- T12) TCU 15
- T12) UCLA 15
- T15) Auburn 14
- T15) BYU 14
- T15) Kansas State 14
- T15) Ohio State 14
- T15) Washington 14
- T20) Clemson 13
- T20) Michigan 13
- T20) Ole Miss 13
- 23) UCF 12
- T24) Arizona State 11
- T24) Florida 11
- T24) Fresno State 11
- T24) Houston 11
UCF on Preseason Watch Lists
- Clayton Geathers – *Jim Thorpe Award (best defensive back) and CFPA Defensive Backs Trophy
- Jacoby Glenn – *Jim Thorpe Award (best defensive back)
- Joey Grant – *Rimington Trophy (most outstanding center)
- Rannell Hall – *Biletnikoff Award (most outstanding receiver), Paul Hornung Award (most versatile player) and CFPA Kickoff Returner Trophy
- Shawn Moffitt – *Lou Groza Award (best placekicker) and CFPA Placekicker Trophy
- Breshad Perriman – *Biletnikoff Award (most outstanding receiver) and CFPA Wide Receivers Trophy
- Terrance Plummer – *Walter Camp Award (Player of the Year), *Bednarik Award (defensive player of the year), *Rotary Lombardi Award (lineman of the year), *Butkus Award (best linebacker) and CFPA Linebackers Trophy
- William Stanback – *Doak Walker Award (best running back) and CFPA Running Backs Trophy
- Torrian Wilson – *Outland Trophy (most outstanding interior lineman)
A graduate of Orange Park High School in Florida, Plummer jumped on to the college scene as a true freshman in 2011, starting one game at middle linebacker and recording 17 tackles behind starter Josh Linam. Then as a sophomore, he busted out for 108 tackles, seven tackles for loss and an interception.
As a junior in 2013, Plummer started making a name for himself nationally. Thanks to career-highs in every primary defensive category, he was voted on to the All-American Athletic Conference First Team, was the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl Defensive MVP and was a SI.com Honorable Mention All-American. Plummer completed the year with 110 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 8.5 tackles for loss, six break-ups, two interceptions and two forced fumbles.
For his career, Plummer has 235 tackles and 17.5 tackles for loss.