Finals Week Resources: You Got This, Knights!
This week marks the end of classes for the fall 2016 semester, and with final exams around the corner, UCF reminds students of resources to help reduce stress and be academically successful.
Monday, Dec. 5, will be a study day, and exams will run from Tuesday, Dec. 6 through Monday, Dec. 12. Commencement ceremonies will be held at the CFE Arena Dec. 16 and 17.
The final exam schedule is available here: http://exams.sdes.ucf.edu/2016/fall.
The following tips and campus services are offered to help students finish out the semester strongly and safely:
- Study Union: The Student Union will be open 24/7 starting Dec. 3 to 12 to give students a place to study and unwind. Tutors from the Student Academic Resource Center, or SARC, will host review sessions in the Union that also can be streamed online via SARC’s YouTube channel.
- Deep Breaths: Finals week can be draining and daunting, but do your best to take care of yourself physically and mentally. Click here for a list of group exercise classes being offered at the Recreation and Wellness Center from Dec. 5 to 12. If you’re experiencing distress and need someone to talk to, Counseling and Psychological Services and be reached 24/7 by calling 407-823-2811.
- Safe Rides: UCFPD’s Safe Escort Patrol Service, or SEPs, is offering extended hours during finals, giving the campus community free rides or walking escorts around campus from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. from Dec. 5 to 12. SEPS is simple—just call 407-823-2424, and SEPS will be dispatched to wherever you are on campus.
- Phone Home: Remember that your families and friends care about you and want you to do well. Phone a friend or a loved one if you need a little extra support. There also will be a motivational message exchange in the Student Union Tuesday where a student can write down a message on a Post-It and then take another to message to keep.
- Coffee With a Cop: Take a study break and join UCFPD from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 6, at Café Bustelo in the Student Union for free coffee and conversation. Learn about how officers train to de-escalate crises and get more information about the resources at UCF for students experiencing mental distress.
- De-Stress: Activities throughout the week, such as photos with Santa and a screening of “The Jungle Book,” are intended to give students an enjoyable escape.