DECA Team Advances To Nationals
Twelve students on the UCF Collegiate DECA team competed in several competitions against other Collegiate DECA teams at the state conference. All the students did well and the entire team has won spots to compete on the State of Florida team at the National competition in Anaheim, California in April.
- The team won a four-star (the highest possible ranking) Chapter Activities Award for its activities and community service throughout the year. Only two chapters in the state earned this award.
- The State Outstanding Student Achievement Award: Brittany Keating
- Business Ethics: Cody McCaughan and Jeff MacGibbon, second place; Reggie Denmark and Christopher Burke-Jones, finalist
- Entrepreneurship: Eddie Rippen, second place; Andrea Alvarez, finalist; Jessica Graham, finalist
- Human Resource Management: Brittany Keating, finalist
- Marketing Management: Cody McCaughan, third place; Morgan Lawler, finalist; Jessica Graham, finalist
- Professional sales: Christopher Burke-Jones, third place; Ashley Sardelli, finalist
- Project Management: Candace Rodriguez, finalist
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing: Brittany Keating/Eric Hamaoui, first place
- Fashion Merchandising and Marketing: Andrea Alvarez, finalist
- Hotel and Lodging: Morgan Lawler, first place
- Restaurant and Food Service Marketing and Management: Ashley Sardelli, third place
- Retail Management: Eric Hamaoui, second place
- Travel and Tourism Marketing and Management: Candace Rodriguez, second place;Jeff MacGibbon, third place
In addition, Carolyn Massiah, Ph.D., the UCF DECA Faculty Advisor, was acknowledged for her continued support of DECA both at UCF and in her service on the State Board for Florida Collegiate DECA.