Civic Engagement Week to Involve Student Volunteers
Volunteer UCF will host Civic Engagement Week on Feb. 10-14 to educate students on the importance of becoming involved in the community.
The week will feature educational events, volunteer opportunities and a recognition reception.
“The theme of Civic Engagement Week is ‘Open Your Heart to Volunteering,’ and Volunteer UCF hopes that all guests who attend these events will do just that and better understand the importance of getting involved in their community,” said Todd Currie, assistant student director for Volunteer UCF in the Office of Student Involvement.
The week’s activities are designed to empower students, support community organizations, provide opportunities to volunteer, recognize students who volunteer frequently for their efforts, and reward them for being civically engaged.
The educational events are:
- Facts for Thought – Monday, Feb. 10, 10:30 a.m. to noon in Student Union Room 221.
- Be Empowered: Get to Know a Nonprofit – Tuesday, Feb. 11, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Teaching Academy Room 130.
- Heart to Heart: Part 1 – Wednesday, Feb. 12, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Student Union Room 223.
The two volunteer events are:
- Guiding Our Girls – Thursday, Feb. 13, 10:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Lake Claire Recreation Area.
- Heart to Heart: Part 2 – Friday, Feb. 14, 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Life Care Center of Orlando.
The Super Hearts Volunteer Recognition Reception, which is open to all Volunteer UCF volunteers, will be Friday, Feb. 14, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in Teaching Academy Room 130.